Reading

In order to get more ideas and support in teaching Reading, I asked my mentor teacher, Toni, to come in and observe me. She was able to give me notes on what I was doing, and things that I could do to make sure my lesson was more effective for the learners. 

From here, I was able to see how I controlled Reading in my space. I know now to make use of the resources I have to ensure that all learners are busy doing something purposeful. It also allowed me to look at the strategies I was using to teach my different groups and how I could make purposeful use of my time with each group.

Some of these strategies include:
- roaming around the classroom in between groups managing behaviour if needed, but mainly to see where learners are at and what they might need help with.
- making use of the iMacs. Digital Learning Outcomes can be a helpful rotation, especially when you want to see different groups at certain times.
- developing rapport with the children will allow us to connect together and have good conversation flowing when seeing groups.


Something I will be focussing on is making sure that the behaviour is controlled so that I am able to focus more on what the class is learning.





Comments

Popular Posts