Welcome to 2019!


What are the best strategies to use in an effective guided reading session?


This year I will be inquiring into reading and finding the right teaching strategies to effectively teach a guided reading lesson. As a beginning teacher, it is important to understand the best teaching strategies to shift the learners reading levels. I am hoping to achieve this by observing Helen Squires and Khismira Lal for my junior readers, and team teaching with my mentor, Kent Somerville. I will also find an opportunity to observe the different strategies that he uses to effectively teach a guided reading lesson. The lense I intend to use is through learning behaviour, managing self and setting of the literacy norms. I am looking forward to seeing where this inquiry takes me.

Comments

Popular Posts