Reading Practise Intensive Day 8: Creating

 Today's session was definitely an important one. One of the ways that we know our learners are engaged in their learning is through the 'create' stage. Something I have been working on in my teaching since being apart of RPI is allowing my learners to do more of the heavy lifting. Create can help my learners not only create something from what they have learnt, but it is another opportunity for them to continue to learn. Learning how to use new tools and learning new ways to create something can be a form of their heavy lifting. It is a way for them to show their imaginations, and for us teachers to see what they are capable of.

I need to create more "tighter" ways to design my create tasks, not only making my follow up tasks more fun, but more engaging from start to end. RPI has given a great amount of resources that we can use with different tasks as well.

I know for sure that I will be looking more at using "One-shot" videos. This could be super fun for my learners, and they can use this opportunity to collaborate with others to create something. I even gave it a go, which shows just how creative our learners can be when given the opportunity to.


Something that one of my previous Team Leaders did was create a bank of create tasks. I still regularly use from it, but now I need to find a way to make it more creative and even add in the collaboration aspect, as it could be much more engaging for my learners. To this day, I still add new generic templates that I can use across different topics, I just make small modifications to show. From this session, I have to additions for our bank.

Comments

Popular Posts