Reader Profile Survey - Update

Earlier in our Reading Intensive Practice programme, we were tasked with giving a survey to our learners about their attitudes toward reading. This was completed quite early on in RPI, where we hadn't really had the opportunity to implement any of our taonga (from RPI). I feel like I got some positive feedback, but very helpful as I was able to use this information to add changes to my reading programme.

Slide 1 shows my learners attitude towards reading at school. Term 1 shows that they had a good attitude, but Term 3 shows more of my learners feeling positive about it, especially 4 - very like me.

Slide 2 shows that more of my learners are reading for enjoyment - more than three quarters, what a win!

Slide 3 & 4 show that my learners are gaining more positive attitudes towards what others think about their reading, which is positive because it shows they are feeling better about themselves and the groups of people around them are voicing that.

Slide 5 & 6 will always prove to be handy information that I can continue to use in my teaching. Not only talking to them more about what they need in order to be a good reader, but also seeing what their feelings are so I can make adjustments.

All in all, my findings show me great results and I am super happy with not only my progress, but my learners too!

Comments

Popular Posts